Saturday, January 8, 2011

Introductions

Me voy: in Spanish it means "I leave." As I approach my departure date, I become increasingly preoccupied with the trip overseas. I dream of airplane trips, of endlessly wandering the Barajas airport (which, in my dreams, looks surprisingly like San Fransisco), of lost luggage. I wake up mentally planning my trip from the airport to the Hotel Senator Espana (where I will attend a mandatory program orientation). However, I don't give much thought to what happens after. My mind has not yet registered that, for the next three-and-a-half months, I will be living with strangers in a foreign country while speaking a language I don't fully understand. I suppose that's for the best. The reality of it all hasn't sunk in yet. Nevertheless, I think I'm excited for this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment